By calling 0800 386 286, which is free of charge, you can get information whether the Police Accident Report, prepared by the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Serbia, is available to Dunav Osiguranje Company.
Electronic download of the Police Accident Report and supporting documentation, without going to the Ministry of Interior, is applicable to traffic accidents that have occurred since September 10, 2018.
The new application, jointly developed and implemented by the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Serbia and the Association of Serbian Insurers, enables the complete investigation documentation required for resolving a claim to be made available to insurance companies whose insureds participated in a traffic accident, while providing personal data protection of all participants in a traffic accident and third parties.
After receiving information from their insurance company where they can file a claim, claimants directly contact the insurance company competent for resolving the claim without going to the Ministry of Interior and without any additional costs.
The competent insurance company can download the Police Accident Report as well as supporting documentation from the application, only in the event that a material damage occurred in a traffic accident.
If there were injured persons in a traffic accident or a criminal proceeding was initiated, the competent insurance company will obtain from the application a limited set of data, while other documentation will be obtained from the competent prosecutor’s office.
- If the participants in a traffic accident agreed and signed a European accident report, the Police Accident Report will not be available in the application.
- Claimants can obtain any additional information through the Association of Serbian Insurers by calling 011/292-7900, as well as information if they do not know where the insured person who damaged them is located, on the website http://uos.rs/lat/servis-za-gradjane-rs/
- Issuance of the Police Accident Report is possible in the Association of Serbian Insurers in the following cases:
1) When only one vehicle is damaged:
– when damage of the road caused damage to the vehicle (a hole in the road);
– when animals on the road caused damage to the vehicle
2) When one of the participants in a traffic accident was a vehicle with a foreign registration plate.